In this update:
- Essential services during Covid-19 lockdowns
- 3CX version 18, plus update 1 Beta
- iOS and Android app beta releases
- 3CX blogs – supporting the v18 release, new additions
- Grandstream sneak peek at GWN7660LR and WP825
- Grandstream new models in stock now
- Need demo equipment?
- Grandstream ex-demo and EOL clearance
- Submit a great 3CX case study. Get pizzas for your team!
- Marketing materials
- Firmware for IP phones
- Join our LinkedIn VoIP community
Essential services during Covid-19 lockdowns
Be assured that our Soft Solutions team is still working hard to support you despite the on-going restrictions around the country. Here in Auckland, we’ll be in Alert Level 3 tomorrow but it is business as usual for our team. We have a small number of staff in our office accepting and despatching goods around the country, while the rest of us work from home. We know that couriers are taking longer than normal, so do remember to plan in advance for your hardware requirements. Most customers have been better prepared for this lockdown’s disruption than in March 2020. The trend is employers ensuring their staff are better equipped to be comfortable working from home. Upgrading of headsets is a common scenario – if you need help with advice around headsets, reach out to us on email@example.com. Grandstream, Yealink, EPOS-Sennheiser, Jabra and more have great units for your clients’ needs.
3CX version 18, plus update 1 Beta
While 3CX version 18 officially launched on Tuesday 10th August, update 1 Beta was just released last week. In a first look, Teams users can now reject a call and have their 3CX forwarding rules come in to play. Towards the end of the announcement is the first Windows installer for v18. While the Linux version has been available for a month now, this is the first look for those who have Windows installations. Read the full update here. Have you upgraded your internal system so you can talk with your customers around the new features? If you haven’t yet read the full release, you can find it here. We look forward to your feedback around version 18. We pass this on to 3CX every month, as part of our ongoing advocation for NZ partners.
iOS and Android app beta releases
Both mobile apps have new betas available for testing. The iOS app is preparing for the imminent release of iOS 15 and features the ability to share data from other applications, an improved video conferencing experience and other improvements. See the full information here. The Android app features a new “Keep Active” option – ensuring you never miss a call. It also features improvements to video conferencing via mobiles, along with further improvements. Check it out here. If you want to test out the betas, on iOS join TestFlight and visit the link on the blog from your iPhone. For Android, follow the link to the Google Play Store.
3CX blogs – supporting the v18 release, new additions
With a new version of 3CX, comes a lot more information to learn and digest. We shared most of this in August, but new articles have released since our last update. We’ve added these below and kept the key information in one easy to locate place for you this month. 3CX are breaking this up into blogs and articles to help you quickly upskill. Here are our top references for you to review:
- Unifying 3CX with Microsoft 365 – Stefan Walther, CEO of 3CX, is releasing a 3-part series of video walkthroughs to help you get the most out of your systems. Part 3 has now been released with a focus on the MS Teams integration.
- NEW in September – Deploying 3CX Windows Desktop via AD Group Policy Object – Administrators can now utilise Active Directory Group Policy Object to deploy the new v18 3CX Windows Desktop App. The blog links to the easy-to-follow guide – check it out here.
- NEW in September – Top Questions about MS Teams Integration Configuration – following on from the release of Stefan’s third video in the Unifying 3CX with Microsoft 365 series this FAQ is a must read for the top queries about integrating 3CX with MS Teams. Review it here and be sure to click through to the extra documentation that is linked from the blog.
- Microsoft 365 Integration – the manual has been updated and clearly shows what Microsoft 365 features are supported in each edition. For example, if you want to take advantage of the Teams Direct Integration, you need the Enterprise license – visit the manual.
- Configuring Microsoft Teams Business Voice with 3CX – the full guide is now available. See the steps to integrate and take advantage of the power of 3CX’s PBX features. Visit the configuration guide here.
- SBC (Session Border Controller) for v18 – learn about the reconnect feature for instant recovery from internet failure, and the ability to bulk update your SBCs via the Instance Manager here.
- New Call Flow Designer (CFD) – new features include the ability to run actions concurrently, use queue statistics to adapt call flow logic and more. Read the update and use the links to visit the updated manual.
Grandstream sneak peek at GWN7660LR and WP825
Grandstream recently held a webinar with a sneak peek at their upcoming releases of the GWN7660LR and WP825 – expected late Q4. The new long range Access Point features WiFi 6 technology and is the second WiFi 6 Access Point to join the range. The webinar looks at the key features of the unit along with management of the device and use case scenarios. The portable WiFi phones have been very popular and the upcoming WP825 brings the features we value along with a ruggedised option to the Grandstream portfolio. These units will be officially announced in the coming weeks but jump online and view the introductory webinar here. The Webinar is 21 minutes long so just enough time to enjoy a hot drink while you check out the new features coming.
Grandstream new models in stock now
The GRP2624 and GRP2634 are the newest editions, featuring next generation options from Grandstream. Both models are now in stock.
The GRP2624 is an 8-line, 4-SIP account device which features integrated PoE and WiFi along with Bluetooth support to connect headsets, sync contacts, calendars and more. It also pairs with the GBX20 extension module which has up to 40 contacts per module with the ability to add up to 4 modules or 160 contacts. It makes this unit perfect for a busy receptionist or professional.
The GRP2634 is also an 8-line, 4-SIP account device featuring integrated PoE and WiFi along with Bluetooth support to connect headsets, sync contacts, calendars and more. It also includes a paper BLF panel. Units that include a paper BLF option are much sought after and it’s great to have a unit within the new generation with this feature.
We have demo units available if you’d like to take them for a test drive. If you’d like to know more reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Need demo equipment?
Just a reminder that we operate quite an extensive range of Grandstream and Yealink demo equipment that you can borrow to put it through its paces or for a client event to showcase. If you have a requirement, please reach out to email@example.com and she’ll be happy to assist.
Grandstream ex-demo and EOL clearance
We have ex-demo and EOL units available to purchase at a reduced cost or give away. All units are checked by our team and factory re-set. Boxes are intact but open. Soft Solutions will honour a 3-month warranty from date of purchase of ex-demo units. We are also clearing our GXP17XX series inventory as it starts to go EOL and these have the standard 12 month warranty from date of sale. These are excellent units, including a desktop WiFi option. At present we have the following available:
- Ex-demo units – sold at under half of the normal reseller purchase price:
- 1 x GWN7000 Multi-WAN Gigabit VPN Router – make us an offer
- 1 x GXP1625 HD IP Phone 2-line PoE – make us an offer
- 1 x GXP1760 HD IP Phone 6-line PoE – make us an offer
- 1 x GXP1760W HD IP Phone 6-line PoE WiFi – make us an offer
- 1 x GXP2135 HD IP Phone 2.8″ Colour Screen 8-line PoE – make us an offer
- Clearance units going EOL, reseller purchase further reduced. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for a special price:
- 5 x GXP1760 HD IP Phone 6-line PoE
- 7 X GXP1760W HD IP Phone 6-line PoE WiFi
- 18 x GXP1782 HD IP Phone 8-line Gigabit PoE
Please contact email@example.com if you are interested in purchasing any of these units while they are available. This could be a great way to equip a charity or non-profit with limited funds, with new VoIP hardware.
Submit a great 3CX case study. Get pizzas for your team!
Would you like a lunch shout on Soft Solutions? Just propose a case study for consideration. If 3CX accepts, we’ll arrange a treat for your team. There is nothing better than a local and relatable case study to help get a sale across the line. Share your success stories and reward your team. We have a simple questionnaire you can work through with your customer – 3CX’s marketing team does the rest. It’s also a great opportunity to touch base with customers and ensure everything’s working as it should. If you have a customer that might participate, contact our VoIP Brand Manager, Megan Twentyman. We’ll make the process painless and treat your team!
Several partners took up the option to have 3CX datasheets customised with their logo. This is a service that Soft Solutions offer. We are now waiting for version 18 to be released and what new marketing materials are offered by 3CX at this time. At present the 3CX website has the most up-to-date information available. If you need help to find anything on the website please reach out to Megan Twentyman for further assistance.
Firmware for IP phones
Remember it is vital to keep checking for updated firmware, for your VoIP hardware. Grandstream and Yealink release new firmware as it is developed. The firmware is available free of charge from their respective websites. If you are ever trouble-shooting any issue with 3CX, the first thing they will check is whether your hardware has the most up-to-date version. Now is a great time to ensure everything is up-to-date and working optimally.
Join our LinkedIn VoIP community
Our “Soft Solutions NZ VoIP Community” group has been created for customers to discuss VoIP related topics. Keep up to date with upcoming Soft Solutions events, VoIP updates and any other general VoIP news. Join the LinkedIn group here.
Thank you for reading.
The VoIP Team at Soft Solutions
Phone: 09 306 0450, Freephone: 0800 733 233, E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org.