In this update:
- 3CX version 18 has launched
- 3CX blogs – supporting the v18 release, what you need to know
- 3CX free licenses
- Grandstream GXP vs GRP
- Need demo equipment?
- Grandstream ex-demo and EOL clearance
- Submit a great 3CX case study. Get pizzas for your team!
- Marketing materials
- Firmware for IP phones
- Join our LinkedIn VoIP community
3CX version 18 has launched
3CX version 18 officially launched on Tuesday 10th August. After months of anticipation, it’s great to have the final release available. At present it is for Linux and Hosted installations only, with the Windows installer to be released soon. Customer communication remains at the forefront of version 18. It is your all-in-one solution to communicate internally and connect externally with your customers via voice, video, or live chat. An updated interface and new Desktop App are the first things existing customers will notice, but dive deeper for new integrations.
- Microsoft Teams integration (Enterprise Edition only) – with direct integration, it is a cost-effective alternative to MS365 calling plans. The bonus is you have a fully functioning and powerful PBX to drive and report from.
- Better performance and security – improved audio quality, reconnections and strengthened security. 3CX version 18 achieved an A+ on Qualsys Labs and an A on Immunilabs.
- Mobile apps – never miss a call. 3CX has been working with Google and Apple to improve reliability of PUSH notifications. Bluetooth and handsfree support are great when you’re on the move. For iPhone users you can even tell Siri to make a call from 3CX.
- Tighter Microsoft 365 integration – every edition of 3CX has improvements to Microsoft 365 features and Single Sign On (SSO) is now supported.
You can read the full release here. We look forward to your feedback around version 18.
3CX blogs – supporting the v18 release, what you need to know
With a new version of 3CX, comes a lot more information to learn and digest. 3CX are breaking this up into blogs and articles to help you quickly upskill. Here are our top references for you to review:
- Meet the new 3CX Windows Desktop App – quick video highlighting the key features
- Unifying 3CX with Microsoft 365 – Stefan Walther, CEO of 3CX, is releasing a 3-part series of video walkthroughs to help you get the most out of your systems.
- Microsoft 365 Integration – the manual has been updated and clearly shows what Microsoft 365 features are supported in each edition of Standard. For example, if you want to take advantage of the Teams Direct Integration, you need the Enterprise license – visit the manual.
- Configuring Microsoft Teams Business Voice with 3CX – the full guide is now available. See the steps to integrate and take advantage of the power of 3CX’s PBX features. Visit the configuration guide here.
- SBC (Session Border Controller) for v18 – learn about the reconnect feature for instant recovery from internet failure, and the ability to bulk update your SBCs via the Instance Manager here.
- New Call Flow Designer (CFD) – new features include the ability to run actions concurrently, use queue statistics to adapt call flow logic and more. Read the update and use the links to visit the updated manual.
3CX free licenses
3CX recently reviewed all their pricing just ahead of the v18 launch. Note there is a change to the free license for customers. With version 16, customers could access the Standard Edition of 3CX 8-SC (Simultaneous Call) annual license for free. With version 18, the free annual license is a 4-SC. Brand new customers to 3CX, can upgrade that Standard 4-SC to a Professional or Enterprise 4-SC license free for their first year. Normal charges apply from year 2 onwards. They will choose this via their customer portal login. For any customer that are on the version 16 free 8-SC license, it’s important to check their requirements before upgrading them to v18. If they need more than 4-SC, there will be a charge for the 8-SC license. For any queries around this or the general license price changes, please get in touch with us at email@example.com.
Grandstream GXP vs GRP
This blog from Grandstream, highlights the advantages of the new GRP series of IP phones over the GXP range. You’ll learn why now is the time to move from the older GXP solutions to the models of the future. Featuring a sleek design across the full range and unified firmware, they are already proving to be extremely popular. The blog also links to the Buyers Guide which is a great overview to have on hand. We have demo units available to loan so reach out if you’d like to test drive them for yourselves. If you’d like to know more or want to work out where each of the units fit, contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org. We’d love to help. The range features units with power adapters, units with PoE, and units with WiFi on board – so all your installation scenarios are covered.
Need demo equipment?
Just a reminder that we operate quite an extensive range of Grandstream and Yealink demo equipment that you can borrow to put it through its paces or for a client event to showcase. If you have a requirement, please reach out to email@example.com and she’ll be happy to assist.
Grandstream ex-demo and EOL clearance
We have ex-demo and EOL units available to purchase at a reduced cost or give away. All units are checked by our team and factory re-set. Boxes are intact but open. Soft Solutions will honour a 3-month warranty from date of purchase of ex-demo units. We are also clearing our GXP17XX series inventory as it starts to go EOL and these have the standard 12 month warranty from date of sale. These are excellent units, including a desktop WiFi option. At present we have the following available:
- Ex-demo units – sold at under half of the normal reseller purchase price:
- 1 x GWN7000 Multi-WAN Gigabit VPN Router – make us an offer
- 1 x GXP1625 HD IP Phone 2-line PoE – make us an offer
- 1 x GXP1760 HD IP Phone 6-line PoE – make us an offer
- 1 x GXP1760W HD IP Phone 6-line PoE WiFi – make us an offer
- 1 x GXP2135 HD IP Phone 2.8″ Colour Screen 8-line PoE – make us an offer
- Clearance units going EOL, reseller purchase further reduced. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for a special price:
- 5 x GXP1760 HD IP Phone 6-line PoE
- 7 X GXP1760W HD IP Phone 6-line PoE WiFi
- 18 x GXP1782 HD IP Phone 8-line Gigabit PoE
Please contact email@example.com if you are interested in purchasing any of these units while they are available. This could be a great way to equip a charity or non-profit with limited funds, with new VoIP hardware.
Submit a great 3CX case study. Get pizzas for your team!
Would you like a lunch shout on Soft Solutions? Just propose a case study for consideration. If 3CX accepts, we’ll arrange a treat for your team. There is nothing better than a local and relatable case study to help get a sale across the line. Share your success stories and reward your team. We have a simple questionnaire you can work through with your customer – 3CX’s marketing team does the rest. It’s also a great opportunity to touch base with customers and ensure everything’s working as it should. If you have a customer that might participate, contact our VoIP Brand Manager, Megan Twentyman. We’ll make the process painless and treat your team!
Several partners took up the option to have 3CX datasheets customised with their logo. This is a service that Soft Solutions offer. We are now waiting for version 18 to be released and what new marketing materials are offered by 3CX at this time. At present the 3CX website has the most up-to-date information available. If you need help to find anything on the website please reach out to Megan Twentyman for further assistance.
Firmware for IP phones
Remember it is vital to keep checking for updated firmware, for your VoIP hardware. Grandstream and Yealink release new firmware as it is developed. The firmware is available free of charge from their respective websites. If you are ever trouble-shooting any issue with 3CX, the first thing they will check is whether your hardware has the most up-to-date version. Now is a great time to ensure everything is up-to-date and working optimally.
Join our LinkedIn VoIP community
Our “Soft Solutions NZ VoIP Community” group has been created for customers to discuss VoIP related topics. Keep up to date with upcoming Soft Solutions events, VoIP updates and any other general VoIP news. Join the LinkedIn group here.
Thank you for reading.
The VoIP Team at Soft Solutions
Phone: 09 306 0450, Freephone: 0800 733 233, E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org.