SolarWinds Backup for Office 365, offers an additional layer of protection against data loss. It retains and restores data from the same web-based dashboard you use to protect servers / workstations, saving you time and improving efficiency.
With businesses adopting SaaS applications and shift resources to the cloud, Microsoft 365 (previously known as Office 365) is becoming a standard. Cloud based software can help save money and the hassles of managing application servers, but can lead to a false sense of security. Especially if you believe that Microsoft will handle all your recovery and data retention needs.
While some editions of Microsoft 365 include litigation hold and data loss prevention options, these are not the same as backup. Every business doesn’t always want to invest in enterprise editions. The native options are not designed for fast restore of deletion of emails or data and it doesn’t create a second copy of your data that is stored in a separate location.
As an MSP, your customer’s count on you to help protect them against data loss. By deploying your own backup solution for Microsoft 365, you can retain control over the recoverability and retention of customer’s data in Microsoft 365. If an accidental deletion of data or data retention requirements are a concern, the SolarWinds backup solution for Microsoft 365 can help.
Backup management for your customers from the same dashboard to protect servers and workstations, means you will spend less time on backup admin and more time assisting customers. These features can help you manage backups better:
Protection against data loss – users can sometimes accidentally delete important emails, or OneDrive or SharePoint files. SolarWinds Backup can quickly search and recover what you need without having to file a support request with Microsoft.
- Access to email for former employees – if employees leave and you don’t want to continue paying a Microsoft subscription fee to just store their email and shared documents. SolarWinds Backup offers an additional way to access and retain data.
- Support for compliance – if you are responsible for an organisation that have regulations with data retention requirements, you can retain and archive critical data.
- Easy management – you can manage your OneDrive, Exchange and SharePoint backups from a single web based dashboard.
- Automation – you can manually select which Exchange mailboxes and accounts you want to protect. Or automatically add new Microsoft 365 accounts to the backup schedule.
- Point-in-time restore – Exchange mailboxes are automatically backed up to six times a day. Backups for OneDrive and SharePoint accounts are automatically backed up four times a day.
- Data retention – Exchange data is retained for 7 years. OneDrive and SharePoint data is retained for 1 year.