LastPass Password Manager has over 25 million users. At the beginning of June, they were all notified of the introduction of a range of ‘Business’ editions of its series, dropping the old ‘Enterprise’ naming convention. In addition, SSO functionality has been split out to become an optional add-on, alongside the ever-popular MFA products.
As a dominant force in the personal password management space, the Business Editions of LastPass allows its users to centralise control, deployment and enforcement of better password management across organisations of all sizes.
The changes leave us with the final editions below:
- LastPass Teams (no changes here)
- LastPass Business
- LastPass Business + SSO
- LastPass Business + SSO AND MFA*
*replaces LastPass Identity edition.
Here are 4 reasons you need to deploy LastPass in your business environment:
- Eliminate employee password reuse. Ensure employees practice great password hygiene with the integrated LastPass Password Generator.
- Manage passwords from one place. Give every user their own personalised vault, while maintaining oversight with a robust admin dashboard.
- Protect your sensitive data. Keep everyone’s credentials, notes, and info safe using LastPass’s zero-knowledge security model.
- Share passwords simply and safely. Securely share credentials where employees and clients require access and organise shared credentials by Groups.
LastPass Business (includes free Families license for all users)
With the change from LastPass Enterprise to LastPass Business, LogMeIn have recognised that only a small number of their user base are utilising the full functionality of Single Sign On (SSO). Therefore, they have adjusted the base product to include SSO for 3 applications, as standard. If the organisation requires full-fledged SSO, they can step up to LastPass Business + SSO.
LogMeIn understands that good password hygiene doesn’t start and stop at the door to the office. It also applies in our personal use of the internet too. So, in order to help all users, develop good, safe browsing habits, LastPass Business includes a free LastPass Families license (for up to 5 additional family members) for every user on a LastPass Business license.
An integrated single sign-on and password manager solution, LastPass provides control and security for every access point.
- Add an unlimited number of SSO applications, with over 1,200 apps already pre-integrated.
- Automate onboarding and offboarding to cloud applications.
- Revoke access to key applications when an employee leaves.
- Reduce the number of passwords employees must memorise.
- Allow IT visibility into apps to identify gaps in access security.
Provides biometric authentication protection for users’ password vaults, single sign-on apps, VPNs, workstations, and identity providers.
- Enforce extra security protocols to reduce the risk of a successful data breach.
- Increase IT control with contextual MFA policies, from geofencing to IP address policies.
- Improve security without impacting employee productivity.
N.B. LastPass MFA is no-longer purchasable as a standalone application.
Need something your customers can relate too?
- Harvard University said “You’ll never have to remember another password again, and it makes using the internet much easier.” Customer Spotlight: Why Harvard University Chose LastPass to Bolster their Campus-Wide Security Initiative – The LastPass Blog
- Forrester Research, in their webinar said “employees still use weak passwords despite knowing the risks.” LastPass Webinar with Forrester.
- November 5, a popular app developer commented that “After exploring the options, we found LastPass from LogMeIn offered the best-in-class enterprise features we needed. It was the most versatile tool on the market and offered industry-grade protection. The ease of use was a big attraction, and the buying process was simple.” Learn more here (lastpass.com)
- Anderson Insurance, talked of its deployment “Anderson Insurance Associates deployed LastPass within two hours, and after a month the entire organisation had integrated the product into their daily workflow.” Learn more about the case study here.
We carry the full range of LastPass (and LogMeIn) business solutions in New Zealand, as its only Distributor. We’re knowledgeable across the product set, and can help you and your customers implement better password hygiene controls across their organisation.
Send us an email at email@example.com to take the next step.
The LogMeIn Team at Soft Solutions Phone: 09 306 0450, Freephone: 0800 733 233, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org