We are excited to share 3CX’s latest newsletter about the upcoming version 16 release. 3CX will be introducing new pricing to make your quotes even more competitive. The Standard edition feature set has been reduced and allows them to achieve price reductions of up to 66%. This will also help you up-sell to the Pro edition more easily. The Pro and Enterprise editions have also seen some price reductions.
New pricing – reductions up to 66%
We’ve reviewed and updated our pricing to make 3CX even more competitive. This reflects recent currency changes. In a nutshell:
- The price of annual licensing has been reduced, making it the best option for your customers.
- We’ve reduced the cost of all Standard edition licenses by an average of 66%!
- No penalty when upgrading licenses – pay only the price difference.
- 4 and 8-SC Standard edition licenses are free perpetually.
- 4 and 8-SC licenses are only available as annual subscriptions.
New pricing will be available as soon as 3CX gives the green light for version 16’s launch.
New license sizes
We’ve added new license sizes for our annual licenses (only), allowing you to cater to a larger array of businesses who in the past fell somewhere in between. These are:
- 24 SC
- 48 SC
- 96 SC
- 192 SC
Standard licenses: 1st year free
Version 16 Standard licenses are free in the first year for 8-SC. Use them to encourage your new and existing customers to switch to 3CX. What’s more, up-selling a Standard license to a Pro or Enterprise just became easier, as the following features are no longer part of the Standard edition:
- Call Recording
- Call Reporting (STD only has call logs)
- Office 365 integration
All paying users on Standard edition licenses will be upgraded to Pro licenses free of charge when version 16 releases.
Annual maintenance and subscription explained
Below is a list of benefits included with active maintenance/subscriptions:
- Security updates
- PBX updates – get the latest versions and service packs
- 3CX FQDN service
- Auto renewal of Let’s Encrypt SSL Certificate
- Updates and use of the iOS and Android apps
- 3CX SMTP service – to receive alerts and notifications
- 3CX WebMeeting – web conferencing features for all users
- IP phone firmware and template updates
- CRM updates and additions
- VoIP provider template updates and additions
Some of the above functions may be accessible without active maintenance. 3CX reserves the right to revoke any of them at any time without prior warning.
What happens if you do not have maintenance?
Without maintenance, you will have to manage most of the services 3CX currently manages for you. This includes buying and managing your own SSL certificates and FQDN. You will no longer receive firmware, security and interop updates. You will also lose 3CX WebMeeting access, some CRM interop’s will fail and more. In a nutshell, your PBX will not work as it should.
So, there you have it! Reduced pricing, new license sizes and free Standard licenses. More information on version 16 is imminent. We look forward to updating you as more information comes to hand.