How many different usernames and passwords do you use on any given day, work-related or otherwise? Whatever the number, it’s likely too many to remember.
As we’ve transitioned to the cloud, employees have more passwords that they need to manage than ever before. In fact, the average employee needs to manage 191 passwords to successfully do their job. When requiring so many passwords, it is difficult for employees to utilise secure methods for storing, generating, and sharing credentials – introducing risk into the business.
Not only are employees introducing more risk, cyberattacks are more prevalent and sophisticated. And it’s not just major consumer brands that are targeted – some two-thirds of cyberattacks are directed at small and mid-sized companies.
When 81% of data breaches are caused by insecure passwords, better password security can’t wait. The average employee struggles to manage 191 passwords, and IT has no visibility into the poor password behaviours that inevitably follow. While employees just want to work efficiently, IT needs to ensure the proper controls are in place to protect the company. However, 61% of IT executives enforce strong passwords through education alone, a strategy that clearly is failing to protect businesses from costly breaches.
Any Password Management solution is better than none, however LastPass isn’t the world’s leading Password Manager by accident.
LastPass empowers employees to generate, secure, and share credentials seamlessly, while providing valuable insight and control to Admins and ensuring protection through LastPass’ zero-knowledge security infrastructure.
- Central admin control – The admin dashboard offers automated user management, policies, and more that busy IT admins need.
- User directory integrations – Automate onboarding and offboarding, group management, and more with AD, Azure AD, Okta, or a custom API.
- Secure password sharing – Give teams a flexible, safe way to share access to apps without sacrificing accountability or security.
- Detailed security reports – Tie actions to individuals with automated, detailed reporting that helps your business maintain compliance.
- 100+ security policies – Enforce best practices and control password behaviour across the business.
- Universal access – Whether in the office, working from home, or on the road, employees can securely work anywhere.
- Single Sign-On – Federate logins to enterprise-ready cloud apps that live side-by-side in LastPass for a seamless employee experience.
Introducing LastPass MSP
The LastPass MSP programme provides Managed Service Providers (MSPs) visibility and control over every access point of their customer’s business. It’s an integrated single sign-on and password management solution. LastPass allows your company to generate incremental revenue while seamlessly managing your customers’ accounts in a single pane of glass.
This programme was designed specifically for Managed Service Providers, with one central admin console, flexibility to add or remove seats, and monthly billing options.
A MSP will have the ‘Managed Companies’ tab on their LastPass Business Admin Dashboard, where they can:
- Add a managed company.
- Access the admin console of their managed companies (perform all tasks included in a LastPass Business admin console).
- Add / remove licenses to a managed company.
- Suspend the managed company (pause all LastPass functionality).
- Remove the managed company from their MSP account.
The main topics in the session will be:
- The importance of a password manager.
- The key benefits of LastPass and how MSPs can position it to customers.
- Tech demo on LastPass and the MSP admin console.
Please register for this webinar at by clicking here.
Anxious to get going with LastPass MSP? Just email LastPass@sofsol.co.nz or contact your Account Manager now.
The LastPass Team at Soft Solutions – Phone: 09 306 0450, Freephone: 0800 733 233, Email: LastPass@sofsol.co.nz