Email is still the major vector for malware, phishing and ransomware attacks. Yet many people still rely on gateway/cloud filtering products whose actual emphasis is to block spam. While spam is annoying, it’s a coarse filter when it comes to security. The modern cyber-criminal is skilled at crafting email attacks that easily circumvent most anti-spam filters. Even your savviest employees can mistakenly click on a malicious link and expose your enterprise to cybercrime.
That’s why you should be implementing services that put the emphasis on security – such as Trend Micro’s Cloud Email Gateway Services.
Cloud Email Gateway Services comes as two options – Standard (aka Hosted Email Security) and Advanced (aka Email Security Advanced).
Hosted Email Security (HES) is a “no-maintenance required” solution. It delivers continuously updated protection to stop phishing, ransomware, business email compromise, advanced threats, spam and malware before they reach your network. This occurs regardless of whether your email is hosted on-premises or in the cloud. And all traffic between HES and your email server is fully encrypted for better security.
- Layered protection: Protects users from phishing, spam and graymail. It applies multiple techniques including sender reputation, content/image analysis, machine learning and more.
- Email fraud protection: Protects against business email compromise (BEC) with enhanced machine learning, combined with expert rules. It analyses both the header and content of the email.
- Document exploit protection: Detects advanced malware and exploits in PDF, Microsoft Office, and other documents using static and heuristic logic to detect and examine abnormalities.
- Zero-day protection: Combines pre-execution machine learning, anti-malware, and dynamic analysis using sandboxing to detect zero-day malware.
- Cloud sandboxing: Includes cloud sandboxing for automatic in-depth simulation and analysis of potentially malicious attachments. This is in a secure virtual environment hosted by Trend Micro.
- URL time-of-click: Blocks emails with malicious URLs before delivery, and re-checks URL safety when a user clicks on it.
- Web reputation service: Scans URLs embedded in emails and blocks URLs leading to malicious sites. It uses enhanced Web Reputation Services from Trend Micro’s Smart Protection Network.
- Email encryption: Provides DLP profiles to make it easier to track and document sensitive data, and safeguard confidential information.
- Data Loss Prevention (DLP): Provides DLP profiles to make it easier to track and document sensitive data, and safeguard confidential information.
- Source verification and authentication: Includes Sender Policy Framework (SPF), Domain Keys Identified Mail (DKIM), Domain-based Message Authentication, Reporting and Conformance (DMARC).
- Threat intelligence: Uses the Smart Protection Network, one of the largest threat intelligence databases to correlate; web, email, file, domain registries and many other threat sources. This identifies attacker infrastructures before they are launched.
What can Hosted Email Security do for you?
Stops phishing and spam
- Examines the authenticity and reputation of the email sender to screen out malicious senders.
- Analyses email content using a variety of techniques to filter out spam and phishing.
- Uses web reputation service from the Smart Protection Network to protect against web links in emails that are malicious.
- Provides time-of-click protection against malicious URLs in email messages. It rewrites and analyses URLs at the time of click and blocks them if malicious.
Blocks ransomware before it ever gets to your users
- Detects and blocks ransomware with malware scanning, anti-spam, and file (including executables and macro) scanning.
- Gives you advanced threat protection with cloud sandbox malware analysis, and zero-day and document exploit detection.
Protects against Business Email Compromise (BEC)
- Includes enhanced machine learning, combined with expert rules to analyse both the header and content of the email to examine the behaviour (e.g. an insecure email provider, forged domain, or a reply to a free email service) and intention (e.g. financial implication, urgency and a call to action).
- More stringent protection can be set up for high-profile users.
Gives you peace of mind
- 100% service availability with no more than one minute of mail delivery latency.
- Includes 24×7 technical support.
Email Security Advanced (ESA)
ESA builds on HES by adding additional features such as:
- Email Continuity.
- Mail Tracking.
- End User Quarantine combined over multiple aliases.
- Customizable and scheduled reporting.
- Direct Integration with SIEM systems via Syslog.
- Connected Threat Defence to share and implement a file and URL suspicious object list.
HES and ESA are key components of Trend Micro
‘s MSP programme and it is now more affordable than ever.
As an MSP Partner you can have HES for $1.50 per mailbox per month for 5-24 users (or less with larger price breaks). Alternatively deploy it as part of the Worry-Free Security Services Advanced suite, in conjunction with Worry Free Services for endpoint protection and Cloud App Security for scanning of the O365 mail store, for only $2.53 per PC per month (or less with 2-24 user price break).
Want to know more about Trend Micro’s Cloud Email Gateway Services or Trend Micro
‘s MSP programme? Contact our BDM now.
Paul Leslie – Business Development Manager
Direct: 09 306 0456, Mobile: 027 482 1630, Email: email@example.com