Why is the Password Management Application being important in the enterprise?
Any enterprise is always heavily dependent on IT assets such as switches, servers, databases, and other software applications for their basic operations. These assets are mostly accessed and controlled by administrative passwords by the group of administrators within the environment.
With the increase in the number of IT assets, the number of admin passwords keeps growing. It gets hard for administrators to manage these passwords, store them securely, share them confidentially and etc. Spreadsheets, flat files or print-outs containing passwords get handy to circulate amongst the administrators in these situations, and, that leads to a big risk.
Some major challenges with the traditional password management practices are:
- When one administrator changes the password, it needs to be changed at all the documented places and needs to be informed to the whole admin group, otherwise, another admin might end up spending a lot of time in logging in with the old password.
- There are high chances for non-administrators getting hold of admin passwords and creates a security risk to the crucial business information
Risks with traditional practice:
- Insecure storage of passwords & security vulnerabilities
- Uncontrolled super-user privileges
- Lack of role-based access control
- Lack of accountability for actions
- Lack of provision for enforcing standard password practices/policies
- Lack of centralized management
ManageEngine solution Password Manager Pro can help you to overcome these challenges.
Password Manager Pro is a secure vault for storing and managing shared sensitive information such as passwords, documents and digital identities of enterprises.The benefits of deploying Password Manager Pro include:
- Eliminating password fatigue and security lapses by deploying a secure, centralized vault for password storage and access
- Improving IT productivity many times by automating frequent password changes required in critical systems
- Providing preventive & detective security controls through approval workflows & real-time alerts on password access
- Meeting security audits and regulatory compliance such as SOX, HIPAA and PCI
Download Password Manager Pro and start your 30-day free trial
Dhruv Patel | Senior Pre-sales Solutions Engineer
ddi 09 306 0453 | email@example.com